What We're up to - THe Bullet points
- 6 acre homestead up on a mesa just minutes outside Ridgway, CO and Montrose, CO
- Margaret and David are in the process of building a home there
- Our home will be modular - meaning it will be built in sections in a factory, then transported to the home site and assembled there.
- A large climate-battery greenhouse will allow us to grow fresh, local produce and flowers year round.
- Small orchard to provide area-appropriate fruits, such as berries, apples, plums, peaches
- Chickens for eggs and meat. Possibly enough to sell or trade with neighbors
- We'll practice no-till, low-water agriculture making extensive use of compost, wood chips, manure, and the like
- Woodworking shop will produce original design furniture